Friday 8 January 2010

Man's Best TV Programme.

This is not a blog. I'm busy today and nothing of note has happened. I heard yesterday that Heads Or Tails won't be getting a second series but that was it. Don't get me wrong, that's a great step forward as far as I'm concerned but I don't really feel like it made my day that much better. It was just it's highlight. I also saw a turd that looked like a penis and it made me laugh a bit. Other than that, not much happened.

So instead I'd like to recommend something to you. Wednesday night's Horizon documentary called The Secret Life of The Dog is the best TV programme I have ever seen (maybe). It's about how we and dogs have a bond. It's hormone's, you know? The programme looks at why dogs behave the way they do with us. Is a dog's bond with man down to nature or nurture. Guess what? It's nature. Dogs are just really nice. Not only are they nice but they are very, very intelligent. They communicate with us, they read our faces to understand how we feel plus there is a great argument for mankind being dead if it weren't for dogs. I liked that bit. But the most incredible part is when you see Betsy, a black & white Collie. Admittedly, Betsy has a shit name but she more than makes up for this with her incredible intelligence. She has a vocabulary of over 340 words (she doesn't say them, just in case you got VERY excited, she understands them) and can fully recognise and acknowledge different objects to the point where if she's asked for something she will go and get it. No matter what it is. Unless it's really heavy, of course. And who's idea was it to teach her so many incredible things? IT WAS HER IDEA! Scientists claim that this dog proves that we have seriously underestimated the intelligence of dogs and consider them as clever as children. That was the only thing I disagreed with. Children are thick cunts.

Please watch this. It's incredible. It's up on BBC iPlayer until Wednesday night: http://bbc.co.uk/i/pssgh/

www.twitter.com/michaellegge
www.preciouslittlepodcast.co.uk

1 comment:

Lazy Underachiever said...

Just downloaded this off UKNova as it sounds good. I keep dreaming about having a pet dog. Cheers for the heads up.